This new virus could become a major pandemic. Some useful information sources to track the spread of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) can be found here:
- Map: Track the spread of the virus using this tool from John Hopkins Research
- covid19info: Good web site for tracking news and information with regard to the virus
- Flights: Interesting tool to see where flights are moving.
Preparation & Preparation
Concerning preparing for this possible pandemic make sure you review the following:
- CDC Prevention & Treatment: CDCs recommendation
- CDC Emergency Kit Check List for Kids and Families
- CDC Get Your Household Ready for Pandemic Flu
Good video on prevention:
- Dr. John Campbell: Simply wonderful set of videos about medical issues, especially with regard to this virus.
If R0 value is between 4.7 and 6.6, then we are looking at a severe virus: Paper